Custom Aerogel Solutions
Aerogels are a class of materials diverse in composition, properties, and capabilities. A specially formulated aerogel material may be the ideal solution for your technology needs. Aerogel Technologies is the world’s leading provider of custom aerogel solutions with capabilities including:
Special Quantities, Shapes, and Sizes
- Bulk orders of stock materials
- Larger and smaller sizes of stock materials
- 3D shapes and features
- Microtemplating—microchannels, micropockets
- Metal oxide aerogels: transition, lanthanide, actinide, main group, mixed matrices
- Polymer aerogels: resorcinol-formaldehyde (RF), polyurea, polyurethane, polyimide
- Carbon aerogels, metal aerogels, and metal carbide aerogels
- Aerogel nanocomposites and x-aerogels
- Strength-enhanced and machinable formulations
- Specific densities
- Hydrophobic and hydrophilic surface chemistries
Research and Development
- Formulations research and development
- Applications research and development
- Product integration
- Materials properties characterization
Process and Pricing
Contact us to start the conversation. Let us know what product or aspect of aerogels you are interested in and what your application needs are. Our team of scientists and engineers will assess your needs and propose an aerogel solution.
- Special discount pricing may be available for bulk orders of stock materials and large custom formulations orders.
- Custom shapes, sizes, and features typically involve a custom tooling fee and per-part pricing proportional to the size and complexity of the part requested.
- Specialty compositions typically involve an additional formulations fee. Exotic and new formulations are more expensive than common compositions (such as silica, metal oxides, polymers, and carbon).
- Lead times vary depending on project size, scope, and complexity.